I know it’s hard to believe but it’s officially spring. If you don’t believe me, check your calendar.
While it feels like winter, and you’d definitely risk hypothermia if you actually sported any of your new spring wardrobe (not to mention look seriously like one big fashion faux pas), you’d actually be totally in tune with the season.
So whether it feels like it or not, it’s time to shake off those winter blues and start thinking spring. Here are nine ways to welcome the spring season:
9. Shed some of those pounds you may have gained hibernating this winter, but don’t do it with some crazy diet. Deprivation and any form of suffering are out of the question. Instead, get outside and get some exercise then watch the pounds drop!
8. Go to a fun new restaurant. I know that pretty much contradicts my previous advice, but here’s the kicker. Walk to the dining spot. That way you can pig out (semi) guilt free.
7. Donate all the clothes you haven’t worn in the past year. Yes—do some old fashioned spring cleaning to make room for all the new clothes you’ll need for your fabulous new body!
6. Find a new park or museum to explore. Broaden your horizons.
5. Make a spring goal (since likely you broke that New Year’s resolution in mid-January). It could be anything. As Nike would tell you, just do it (at least until the end of May).
4. Buy a new bag—don’t just think about it—buy it. Don’t worry about the cost until June. Freaking out about money is so much easier in the summer when you have other things to distract you.
3. Buy new shoes. In fact, just buy all kinds of great new stuff. It will be the beginning of the new you. As for the cost, please see the suggestion for handling financial repercussions above.
2. Throw out any loser in your life who’s giving you grief. Spring cleaning isn’t just about getting rid of things. Sweep out those nasty people in your life, too.
1. And finally . . . Drink champagne and toast the new season. It is spring after all (even though it hardly feels like it).