It’s that time of year again when all the scary monster movies are on television for Halloween. Here are my top nine choices for celebrating Hallow’s eve-boo!
9. The Mummy—It’s a bit slow but such a classic. What a wonderful wrap!
8. Frankenstein—The old Hollywood version is the best. The cinematography in it is so creepy, it has you believing.
7. Dracula—Bela Lugosi is a very convincing Count Dracula. His voice is enough alone to haunt you until the next morning.
6. Bram Stoker’s Dracula—You can never have too many Dracula’s in a top nine Halloween movie review list, so I also recommend the Keanu Reeves version. It will keep you on the edge of your seat. You can watch it over and over again and catch something new every time.
5. The Exorcist—This film is just horrifying and grotesque. It really makes you think about the possibility of a soul being possessed. After much thought, I definitely believe—yes!
4. The Omen. All of The Omen films are great. It’s certainly frightening to imagine the devil getting busy with a jackal and having a little Satan. All the films are very well done with one being scarier than the one before.
3. Rosemary’s Baby—In keeping with the Satan baby theme, Rosemary’s Baby is also disturbing in a good way (as film reviews go). Not surprising that it’s a Roman Polanski film considering his statutory rapist past.
2. The Conjuring—A more intense Amityville like horror film, this one will constantly make you jump from the jitters.
1. Sicilian Vampire—A vampire/mob movie where my husband Paul plays . . . wait for it . . . a mobster! I play his gun moll (and a very scary gun moll I might add). This is a Frank D’Angelo film and has its big screening on November 4th at the Big Apple Film Festival. Of course, it’s my #1 pick! Check out this mobster/monster flick. How can you go wrong with a movie called Sicilian Vampire? It’s a marvel!