Less than a week to go until Christmas, so the pressure is on to find that perfect gift for all the friends, family, and co-workers on your list. If you’re still struggling with what to buy, here are nine ideas that make great gifts and allow you to show your support for American companies, products, and workers. That’s kind of Christmas and the Fourth of July all rolled into one. How cool is that?
9. Leatherman Micra Pocket Tool Kit—What’s better than a single tool that can save you an expensive trip to the manicurist and help you assemble all the toys Santa brought and the elves forgot to put together? Buy one for everyone on your list. Not only will they thank you on Christmas Day but they’ll thank you again someday when this wonderful little gadget saves their life after a day hike turns into an unexpected adventure and all they have is this trusty little pocket tool. www.leatherman.com
8. Fenton Art Glass—This family owned company based in West Virginia offers one of a kind glass gifts and jewelry. Check out their amazing creations at www.fentonartglass.com or enjoy the collection in Fenton Art Glass: A Centennial of Glass Making, 1907 to 2007.
7. American Apparel—Now that they’ve changed management, I can strongly endorse their clothes which feature lots of colors and artistic designs. This isn’t all cookie cutter department store stuff. However, if you know a guy who likes to make it easy and own the same piece in every color imaginable, check out the American Apparel Flex Fleece Zip Hoodie. www.americanapparel.net
6. Burt’s Bees Products—Everyone can appreciate a little basket of wonderful lotions and lip balms during the cold winter months since heating inside and frigid temperatures outside make the perfect storm of dry skin and chapped lips. Slip the Burt’s Bees Essential Everyday Beauty Kit in your favorite person’s stocking, and he’ll be forever grateful. www.burtsbees.com
5. All American Clothing Company—This company offers a great source for standard jeans, t-shirts, and other staples all very reasonably priced. Guys especially will love the All American Classic Jeans. www.allamericanclothing.com
4. Frye Boots—As everyone knows, I’m a huge fan of boots. Frye boots are great quality boots that will help anyone sporting them stand out from the crowd. If you’re hard on boots, definitely give these a try. Wear the Frye Women’s Wyatt Harness Short Western Boot, and you’ll spend the day getting lots of compliments. www.thefryecompany.com
3. Tito’s Vodka—Texans pride themselves on making the best of everything and Austin based Tito’s Vodka is proof that they do have something to brag about. Another great stocking stuffer—for your older family and friends, of course! www.titosvodka.com
2.Bradley Scott Designs—Bradley is an up and coming designer based in New York City who makes beautiful dresses. I’ve worn his dresses on the red carpet and on national television, and I always get rave reviews. If you’re looking for unique and fabulous fashion, look no further than Bradley Scott. www.bradleyscott.com
1. Ford Automobiles—I bought my Ford SUV because it’s the most American auto company around. I’ve never had a problem. It runs and drives great. Buying a car is probably the biggest purchase you’ll ever make other than a home. All those Christmas car commercials you’re seeing now on TV don’t lie. A new car with a big bow on it sitting in that special someone’s driveway is the ultimate present on Christmas morning. www.ford.com