Well I’ve been harping ad nauseam how Barack Obama is the worst president in the history of the American presidency. I know this subject is getting a little tired, but then never did I think ole Jimmy Carter would help crystallize my prediction.
Then again, if you think about it everything makes sense. Of course Carter wants to get bumped from the title of Number One Loser President. So naturally Jimmy wants to pile on now.
Yes, Mr. “Let’s Allow our American Hostages to be Paraded out for the World to See How Weak America Is” now wants to turn that title over to someone he’s sure would be a unanimous choice to succeed him. I totally understand.
Carter’s weak turn as president is child’s play compared to what Obama has accomplished.
Let’s see. He’s allowed a U.S. ambassador to be dragged out in the streets of Benghazi to his death and then tried to cover it up with some nonsensical story about it all being the fault of some obscure video. He’s drawn “red lines” in the sand that he knew were meaningless. He’s allowed Vladimir Putin to make him look silly by annexing Crimea and for all practical purposes invading Ukraine. If all that wasn’t enough, now he’s permitting a band of murderous thugs to behead Americans while setting up their own country in what is still officially parts of Syria and Iraq. On top of all of that, he seems utterly clueless when it comes to preventing the spread of Ebola into the United States.
Through all of this, you just know that Obama is either unprepared to deal with all of this or just plain doesn’t want to confront these problems.
I’m a little suspicious that’s it’s more a case of the latter than the former. Think about it. The guy is by nature and background anti-capitalist, anti-colonialism, and anti-American. What’s most frightening about all of this is that if you go down the list of Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals, you see that Obama is following the “rules” pretty much to the letter.
Here are a few from Alinsky’s first rule of power tactics. See if you can identify how Obama is applying these “rules” now.
1) “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.”
2) “Never go outside the expertise of your people. When an action or tactic is outside the experience of the people, the result is confusion, fear and retreat . . . [and] the collapse of communication.”
3) “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy. Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address).”
4) “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity.”
5) “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.”
6) “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.”
7) “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. Man can sustain militant interest in any issue for only a limited time . . . . “
8) “Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.”
9) “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.”
10) “The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition. It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the oppositions that are essential for the success of the campaign.”
11) “If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into the countryside . . . every positive has its negative.”
12) “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.”
(13) “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.”
And he adds, “One acts decisively only in the conviction that all the angels are on one side and all the devils on the other.” (All above quotes are from Rules for Radicals pages 127-134 with emphasis added).
Obama has weakened the economy and made people as dependent as possible on government, and he’s done it using these tactics. As long as we know and expose how he’s doing it, we can better spend the remaining two years figuring out how to stop it before there is no going back.
If it’s not too late already.